Thursday 11 February 2016

in which i suffer head trauma from 20p

i went to town today, as i often do, and i was walking home, as i often do. and i suddenly felt a massive whack on my head. i looked down, and saw a 20p roll across the floor.

somehow, from somewhere, a 20p flew across the sky and hit me in the head. right in the top corner where my forehead meets my hair. since i was crossing a road, there was nobody in front of me to throw it, so i can only assume it either skilfully thrown from a car, or from one of the windows of the 20-odd storey premier inn that was on the side of the road i was headed towards.

but i carried on walking, touched my head, and realised i was bleeding. and it kept bleeding until 15 minutes later i was at university, so i washed it up in the toilets, and went home... where it continued to bleed.

now i have a lump on my head, and have had my fringe pinned up all afternoon and evening to prevent my greasy hair from infecting the wound.

i put the x files dvd on my laptop to play, and as the menu played the theme music, it sounded eerily slow. i was convinced this was my concussion setting in and, since my housemate hadn't come home from work yet, i was going to pass out and die a lonely death.

then i realised that VLC media player was just set to play things at "slow" speed.

4 comments:

  1. perhaps it was an X files 20p from the skies?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bird probably picked it up, found it too heavy and dropped it. My friend got hit by a piece of bread dropped by a seagull once.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bird probably picked it up, found it too heavy and dropped it. My friend got hit by a piece of bread dropped by a seagull once.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is SO unexplained, and therefore so X-files. I love it, but I hope the bleeding has stopped by now!

    ReplyDelete